1. Scribble: Ms. D.
Next time: Sarah A.
Ms. Dorsey's Scribble -- This is an extensive one!
Limerick is a city in Ireland. It is also a short form of poetry. In honor of St. Patrick's Day we are going to write limericks.
Here is a famous limerick by Edward Lear:
There was an Old Man with a beard,
Who said, 'It is just as I feared!
Two Owls and a Hen,
Four Larks and a Wren,
Have all built their nests in my beard!'
Limericks by Edward Lear:
- There was a Young Lady of Ryde
- There was a Young Lady whose Bonnet
- There was an Old Man in a Boat
- There was an Old Man in a Tree
- There was an Old Man of Kilkenny
- There was an Old Man of Marseilles
- There was an Old Man of Quebec
- There was an Old Man who Supposed
- There was an Old Man with a Beard
- There was an Old Man with a Flute
2. In the computer lab, type up your best limerick on Google Drive. Share it with Ms. Dorsey.
3. In the computer lab, finish up a solid draft of your short story on your Kidblog.
Watch your verb tense. Decide on past or present tense, then stick with the one you choose.