Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tuesday, January 6, 2014

Announcements and Reminders:
We will go to Legacy next time to deliver the books.  Dress accordingly.


Scribble today:   Drake C.   You realize it's not a dream.
Next Time: Emily C.



Class Activities:
Have you seen Into the Woods?  How about Malificent?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pjy5MK1X70
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6Yz5BRMGIQ


1. Prompt:  Briefly rewrite a classic story from the point of view of the "bad guy/antagonist/villain."  

This could be from a fairy tale, legend, myth, etc.

Here is an example:
  
 Snow White from the point of view of the Queen

            I’d been a single woman for far too long when I met Stephan.   Oh, I was known as a great beauty – the fairest of them all (successful careers in acting and modeling) and I’d dated a lot of men, but none of them swept me off my feet  like he did.  After all, he was handsome and kind and King!
  His daughter Snow White – he doted on her – Yes I did feel a little jealous, but I loved the child as a daughter  except she could certainly be irritating
always singing into  wells – you know that echoing sound – grates on the nerves
and when you have a lot of birds gathering around --  you know what birds leave behind
After Stephen died,  I tried to be the best mother I could to little Snow White – didn’t want her growing up a spoiled princess – had her do some chores around the house –
She did grow more and more beautiful with each passing year –
Had huntsman take her for a healthy outing in the woods – apparently when I told him it would be good for her heart – he thought I’d said to cut out her heart – how can a man be so stupid?
she ran away –
It was because I’d provided opportunities for her to clean and cook in the castle that she was able to get a job working for the seven dwarves.
Duh. . . I said "good for her heart,
"not "cut out her heart"!
I knew that men aren’t all that good at grocery shopping, and they never remember to get fruits and vegetables, so I decided to take her some apples which were just ripe. . .
I figured she would still be frightened of me because of the heart misunderstanding, 
so I dressed in a disguise – an old-woman costume from my acting days.

She ate so fast she choked. I tried the Heimlich maneuver. It didn’t work, but when that prince came along and kissed her, she gasped.  I would have too if he’d kissed me --and the piece came loose.







Computer Lab 223:  on the Kidblog
2.  Put yourself into a fairy tale.  Are you one of the characters already in the story, or are you putting yourself as your real self into the story?   (Have you ever wished you could step into a book or movie or television show and help the characters solve their problems -- perhaps by telling them something they ought to know?)
Whichever you choose to be, tell part of the tale from your point of view.  Make this the best you can.


If needed:

1. Prompt:  Something is hiding behind this tree. What is it and why is it hiding?


Something is hiding behind this tree. What is it and why is it hiding?


No comments: