Friday, October 16, 2015

Analogy to Optical Illusion and

Respond to the optical illusions on the overhead.
   This is level one writing.
    Share teacher response:
About analogies.  Comparing one thing to another.
2. More prewriting practice. This is level one writing.
         more focused freewriting
          brainstorming
3.  Mystery writing assignment.    Making Uncommon Connections
         1) Pick a number from 1 to _____
         2) Write down your "topic."
         3)  Writing Assignment: compare your "topic" to "writing."
         4)  Teacher shares her bikini response. 

      Overhead ---
 [3.  Analogies -- Response to an optical illusion overhead:
My life is like this optical illusion because sometimes
I'm fooled into thinking I see what isn't there.  For instance, sometimes I see people I know talking together and they don't look at or talk to me.  I think I see them being mad at me or laughing at me, not wanting to have anything to do with me.  And I feel very small. But maybe what I think I see isn't there.  Maybe they just didn't notice me.  
         And sometimes I think other people are better off than I am.  They seem to have more fun and less  fewer troubles.  But usually, if I look closer, I see that their fun is just different from mine.  And I do have a lot of fun.  Perhaps their troubles are different from mine, or maybe they have some of the same problems I have, but I just haven't seen their troubles. 

         I think I'd be better off if I didn't fall for so many "optical illusions" of life. 

No comments: