Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tuesday, May 12, 2015



Deliver the books to the first graders!



Scribble: Halle N.  -- Since you didn't have one today, bring one as soon as you can, Halle!  

Next Time: Jared D. 



Write:  Tell about your experience creating a book for a first grader -- from receiving the 

assignment though interviewing, creating the book, and delivering it. 





Funny!  Brainstorm funny thing that have happened to you or that you have seen 

or heard of.

Draw and Write:  Create a cartoon for something funny that has happened to you, 

or some other funny situation or happening. 


For instance: 


That Aha! Moment
“Who discovered Pikes Peak?” I asked an eighth grader. He shrugged. “All right, here’s 
a hint,” I continued. “Who’s buried in Grant’s Tomb?”
“Grant?” he asked 
tentatively.
“Good. Now, who 
discovered Pikes Peak?”
“Grant!”
Max Campbell, Dowagiac, Michigan

Thanks for the Help
On the last day of the year, my 
first graders gave me beautiful handwritten letters. As I read them aloud, 
my emotions got the better of me, and I started to choke up.
“I’m sorry,” I said. “I’m having a hard time reading.”
One of my students said, “Just sound it out.”
Cindy Bugg, Clive, Iowa
Read more: http://www.rd.com/funny-stuff/funny-teacher-stories/2/#ixzz3ZxW7gSBv



Drawing:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tJPeumHNLY  at about 14:50

Draw a cartoon or comic strip for one of the situations you came up with.


How about a little hyperbole? 




No comments: