Friday, June 13, 2014

Favorite Little Golden Books from the Golden Age



Why?  I was an only child, and loved the idea of lots and lots of brothers and sisters.

Beautiful illustrations, scary, fun story,  delicious-looking gingerbread house and the food that was inside, those beds built into the wall looked so comfy!

I wanted a grandpa.  I liked stories that explained nature with fantastic origins. 

That looked fun!  The little man was so happy and nice.

More good food, scary and fun.

Good friends, piles of pancakes with syrup

He gets so lost, but finds his way again.


And one from later on. . .

My children loved this book, and wanted it read again and again.
 I had it memorized, and didn't need to look to "read" it to them.
Part of the appeal of this book is the element of surprise!

No comments: