Monday, February 10, 2014

Wednesday, February 12, 2014


Prompt: More Love That Dog and Inspired By Poems to Write


The Disruptive Students
   by Ms. Dorsey  (Inspired by William Blake)
Students, students
talking on
Even though the bell has rung
Who can hear you? Everyone! 
So teacher will cut short your fun.





You Come Too (Inspired by Robert Frost and written by Ms. Dorsey)
I'm going out to watch the sunset, 
and linger, maybe, to watch the stars come out.
I'll take a chair and blanket to keep warm. 
I'd gladly carry two,
because what would make it better 
would be if you came too. 

The following is one of my favorite poems:

Summons  by Robert Francis

Keep me from going to sleep too soon
Or if I go to sleep too soon
Come wake me up. Come any hour
Of night. Come whistling up the road.
Stomp on the porch. Bang on the door.
Make me get out of bed and come
And let you in and light a light.
Tell me the northern lights are on
And make me look. Or tell me clouds
Are doing something to the moon
They never did before, and show me.
See that I see. Talk to me till
I'm half as wide awake as you
And start to dress wondering why
I ever went to bed at all.
Tell me the walking is superb.
Not only tell me but persuade me.
You know I'm not too hard persuaded.
________________________
-- About YOWP  -- for extra credit
This is a link to our kidblog. Select your name from the drop-down list. Your password is your student number.


Computer Lab to work on Children's books
Schedule and Due Date for Children's Books: 
Today:  February 12: Lab 223
Febuary 19:  Lab 223  
February 21:  Books Due -- Completed!  



Next time, you may bring treats/candy for Valentine's Day!

Today's Prompt:  Forrest Gump said that life is like a box of chocolates.
What else is life like?  Why?
Be serious or silly, either one. 

No comments: