Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bell-Ringer:  Students worked on learning how to punctuate direct quotations.


Punctuate these statements or bits of conversation (dialogue):

1.   The teacher said   In this class there will be no talking, chewing, breathing, unnecessary eye movements, or tap dancing

2.  I questioned   Are you up on the furniture again  you bad dog  Get down now

3.  I just finished reading The Lost Hero   she remarked
     So what did you think of it    I asked
     It was excellent    she exclaimed
     I agreed    I loved it too 

4.  I wish today were Friday     she said     I’ve been looking forward to it for months now
     How come   he asked
     Because finally I’m supposed to get my braces taken off.   At least that’s what my orthodontist promised     



_________________
Computer Lab 223
They worked on their books for the elementary children, and if done or if they had left what they needed at home, they were to write to the Creative Writing  prompts on My Access.


Please check your grades on Skyward to see if there is anything you haven't done that you should have!

No comments: