Wednesday, February 6, 2008

February 6, 2008

February 6, 2008
Students received 4 tape-ins:
"In Collecting Your Writing Territories, Consider. . . . " Tape it on the back of page 1.
"Questions to Help Mine Your Heart" Tape it on the back of page 2.
"What's Happened to Me That I Could Write About?" Tape it on the back of page 3.
"Prompts for Telling About Your Own Experiences" Tape it on the back of page 4.

Students selected one of the prompts from "Prompts for Telling About Your Own Experiences" and wrote about it on page 5.

The tape-ins received today provide a way to collect ideas for writing.
We talked about our "Writing Territories." (My writing territories are the range of things I do as a writer. They include genres I write in or would like to try, subjects I've written about or would like to, and real or potential audiences for my writing.)

See the entry above for the "Prompts for Telling About Your Own Experiences."

Video: We watched a video of poet and writer Naomi Shihab Nye talking about writing from the heart. Students started filling out a chart of things they care about.

No comments: